If you are looking for fun, stimulating, educational, or enriching things for your child to do after school, We have the list you are looking for!!
Art and Music
Kindermusik of Montgomery
A unique experience for child and parent. Each Kindermusik class is a world of discovery and adventure. In every class, you’ll witness your child’s developmental evolution in language skills, literacy, listening, problem solving, social skills, self-esteem, and musicality. And it happens within a nurturing environment- full of energy, imagination, music, dancing, and playful delight. 18 to 3 years old. Singing, movement, instruments, and social interaction. Classes begins in August. Now enrolling for fall semester. Call today for registration. Please visit our website at www.kindermusik.com. Contact Sara Hall at (334) 271.3264.
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
Studio Programs: (334) 240.4365, 1 Museum Drive, Drawing and painting for preschoolers, children and adults. Afternoons and on weekends. Call for class, times, and cost information. Scholarships are available. Visit our website at www.mmfa.org and click on education tab for more fall classes.
Young Artists (ages 3 – 5, with an adult partner)
These popular classes offer an opportunity for parents and their preschool children to create art together and learn about basic elements of art (such as line, shape, texture, and color) drawing, and painting techniques. Art projects are connected with works of art on view in the Museum. Classes are limited to 10 children and their adult partners. Sign up for one class or the series of classes.
Instructor: Laura Bocquin, Time: 3:45-4:30
Thursdays: July 19; August 2, 16, 30; Sept. 13 Cost: $8 members/$12 non-members for each class, Children and Youth (ages 6 to 14)
After School Art I (ages 6 to 9)
Students explore a different art technique, element of art or principle of design, based on art in the Museum galleries in this weekly class. During the series of ten classes, two-dimensional projects include drawing with graphite, ink, oil and chalk pastels, collage, and painting with acrylics and watercolors. Three-dimensional activities include sculpting with clay, wire and plaster. All supplies are provided. Class size is limited to 12 students.
Instructors: Museum Education staff Time: 3:45 to 4:45 P.M., Wednesdays: September 21 and 28; October 5, 19 and 26; November 2, 16 and 30; December 7 and 14, Cost: $100 members/$160 non-members for the series of 10 classes After School Art II (ages 10 to 13)
Inspired by paintings, prints, and sculptures in the Museum by well-known artists, older students learn to improve their skills in drawing, painting, and sculpture in this informative series of classes. Projects include pen and ink, charcoal and conti drawings, acrylic and watercolor paintings, mixed media collages, clay and paper mache sculptures. All supplies are provided. Class size is limited to 10 students.
Instructors: Museum Education staff
Time: 3:45-4:45, Thursdays: September 22, 29; October 6, 20, 27; November 3, 17; December 1, 8, and 15, Cost: $100 members/$160 non-members for the series of 10 classes
Music Education on Wheels (MEOW Academy)
(334) 657.7500, 104 Mendel Pkwy.
M.E.O.W. is designed the positive influence of music within the education system. Group and private music lessons designed to make sure each student develops a lifelong relationship with music. Please visit us on Facebook under Music Education on Wheels M.E.O.W or at our website www.meowacademy.net for more information. Registration can be done online.
P’zazz Art Studio
(334) 354.1975, 138 W. Main St. Downtown Prattville. Fall classes start September 6. Pick a day and time that fit your schedule. Classes meet once a week. $45 for the month. $20 supply fee per semester. This cover supplies for Sept. – Dec. After school and Homeschool classes available. Please visit us at www.pzazzart.com or for more information or call us.
Tiffany’s Music Conservatory
Tiffany D. Orum , (256) 750.1719
Musician, Songwriter, Recording, Producer, Vocal, and Piano Lessons, and Special Events) For more information please email email@example.com or visit on Facebook under firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montgomery City-County Public Library
Our Homework Assistance Program begins 9/6/16-5/18/17. It is a free program designed to be a supplemental resource to assist students in grades K-12 in all core subjects. The program will be held at various times at the branches below:
Rufus Lewis Mondays 6:00-7:30
Coliseum Tuesdays 5:00-6:00
Morgan Library Tuesdays 6:00-7:30
E L Lowder Wednesdays 6:00-7:30
Governors Square 4:00-5:45
For additional information, please contact Juliette Hampton Morgan Memorial Library’s Reference Department at 334-240-4982 or via email at email@example.com
Abrakadoodle Art Education
Ignite your child’s imagination while developing their fine motor skills and art vocabulary. Let your child explore new art techniques and create their own unique masterpieces. We offer classes at many schools and locations in the Montgomery and surrounding areas. Online registration is open now!
Visit our website to get full class listings and to register online. www.Abrakadoodle.com/AL01
Call Susan Parker @ (334) 265.5758 for more information.
Carver Elementary School Extended Day Program
(334) 269.3625 or (334) 269.3874. Enrollment is open to all children who live in Montgomery County in grades K-6. They offer art, band, choral, dance, drama, guitar, piano and strings. Instruments are available for use through the school after proper paperwork is completed. Piano students must have an instrument upon which to practice. Registration is now going on. Please call for more information about registration dates and times.
Guitar & Music Lessons
Chris Niel, Teacher. Call (334) 354.0896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Weekly, 45 minute, one-on-one guitar lessons. Improvisation /theory lessons for any instrumentalist. Beginners to advanced.
8449 Crossland Loop, Suite 103 and 105. Kim Vaughn, (334) 220.0468. MELODICViBES, LLC is designed to provide opportunities for students to learn, create, and demonstrate their talents. Private voice and private audition prep lessons. Lessons are 1 hour session between 3:30-6:30, Monday through Thursday. Visit us on Facebook at MelodicVibe, LLC.
Montgomery Symphony Youth Orchestra
(334) 240.4004. Runs concurrent with the school year. Please call for audition date on September 10. Ages 13 and up. Orchestral Instruments. Call Sharon DeMuth at (334) 395.8370 or email email@example.com for more information. Please visit montgomerysymphony.org and click the Programs link.
Montgomery Youth Chorale
(334) 265.3737, www.montgomerychorale.org. Sing all types of music from classical and jazz to gospel and pop. Purpose is to build self-confidence and a love of beauty through artistic preparation of excellent music. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your child’s audition for membership. Please visit us at www.montgomerychorale.org for more information.
Piano Lessons by Summer Whatley
(334) 546.2699, Private piano lessons offered to homeschoolers and adults year round. Lesson slots offered between the hours of 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Lessons are $80 a month, which includes four 30 minute lessons. Will be teaching lessons at a local studio or in the privacy of your home. Students have won several local and state awards. Please call for more info.
(334) 272.5423, 3020 Atlanta Highway. Youth leagues on Fridays at 6:30. Ages 4-21. Free Youth Clinic August 12. Pre-registration with free bowling.
BAMA Lanes in Prattville
(334) 358.8600, 1734 East Main Street. Youth leagues on Saturdays. Ages 4-20. Registration will be August 27th. Youth leagues start Sept. 10th. Please call for more information. Free bowling with paid membership. Please call for more information.
1661 Eastern Blvd., (334) 819.7171. Youth Leagues will be starting up in the fall. Open house August 29th. You may come in and sign up anytime. Please visit us at www.bowlbrunswick.com.
Dance and Gymnastics
Academy of Dance
Tammy Rauch, 2620 East 3rd Street,
(334) 221.2657. Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Pointe and Lyrical. Classes for ages 3 through adult. Please call to register or visit us on Facebook under Tammy’s Academy of Dance.
Alabama Dance Theatre
(334) 241.2590, 1018 Madison Ave., Montgomery. The Alabama Dance Theatre will be offering fall classes in classical ballet (pre-ballet to the professional level), pointe, modern, jazz, hip-hop, contemporary and tap. Classes begin Thursday, August 18. ADT company auditions will be held Tuesday, August 16 for intermediate dancers who have begun pointe and advanced dancers. Classes will be held at the Armory Learning Arts Center, home of the Alabama Dance Theatre located at 1018 Madison Avenue. For more information please call 334-241-2590 or visit www.alabamadancetheatre.com.
65 Ashburton Drive, (334) 395.4300, Janice Ransom and Shawn Parker. Tap, Ballet, Lyrical, Pointe, Jazz, Baton, and Gymnastics. Ages 3 – 12th grade. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels. Open House Registration August 11 from 3 p.m.- 6 p.m. and August 15 from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. Registration going on now. Classes begin in September. To pre-register you can call (334) 283.5249 or (334) 283.2201. Cost depends on class. Please visit www.dancegenerationstudio.com.
Laura’s School of Dance
47 N. Burbank Drive, (334) 322.7479 or email@example.com. Offering Montgomery a Christian approach to the art of dance using Christian music to honor Him. Classes in ballet, pointe, tap and jazz. Ages 3 and up. Registration will be August 1-3 from 3 pm. until 7 p.m. Please call Jenny Moseley for more information.
Tonya Speed’s Dance Connection
3370 Harrison Rd., (334) 277.1098. Fall registration will be August 8 & 9 from 4 until 7 p.m. Classes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Gymnastics, and ballroom. Ages 2 ½ to Adult (beginner and advanced) Please call for class dates and times. Preschool classes also available on site. Please visit our website at www.tonyaspeedsdanceconnection.com.
United Gymstars & Cheer, L.L.C.
(334) 284.2244, 6100 Brewbaker Blvd. Offer Baby gym for infants to 18 mths. & 2; Kinder Gym ages 3-4. Junior Gym ages 5 & 6 yrs. yrs. Progressive ages 7 and up. Full range of cheer classes ages 8 and up. Tumbling, 5 and up. Boys preschool (ages 3 to 5), Boys progressive (6 & up). Please call for times and prices. Family discounts available. Registration on a monthly basis. Parents night out offered. Visit our website at www.unitedgymstarsandcheer.com
Armory Athletics Center
1018 Madison Ave., (334) 241.2789. Ongoing registration. Developmental (Ages 2-5) 45 minute classes: Various afternoon class times Monday through Thursday. Progressive Girls and Boys (Ages 6 and up) 1 hour classes: Various afternoon class times Monday through Thursday. Tumbling (Ages 6 and up) 1 hour classes: Various evening class times Monday through Thursday. Please call for rates.
Bama Blaze Elite Cheer
6016 east Shirley Lane, (334) 233-1921
All-star Cheer, Tumbling classes, Try-out prep, School and all-star choreography. Our coaches have extensive cheer and tumbling experience. From beginners to the experienced, we are the gym for you. Please call or visit us on Facebook under Bama Blaze Elite Cheer.
Centre of Performing Arts
975 S. Memorial Drive, Prattville: (334) 491.1192. Register now and classes begin in August 8. We focus on quality dance instruction by teachers with years of experience as we aim to provide superior training in various dance styles to children ages 2 years and up. Classes offered in Creative Movement, Ballet/Pointe, Tap, Jazz, Gymnastics, Lyrical, Modern/Contemporary, Hip Hop, Strength & stretch and Competitive Dance Teams. We are the #1 competitive dance studios in the State of Alabama. Please visit the website www.centreforperformingarts.com or on Facebook under Centre of Performing Arts.
C.J.’s Dance Factory (home of the Prattville Ballet)
145 S. Court St. 334-467-8603
Voted the Best Dance Studio in the River Region.
Two locations now open to serve three counties, studios in Prattville and Marbury. Registration on Thursdays in Prattville 5:30-7:00. OPEN HOUSE DANCE PARTY: Thursday, August 4th 6:30-8:30, refreshments will be served. Bring a friend discount!
Professional instruction offered in: Tippie Toes Pre Dance I Class (18 months- 3 year olds), Pre Dance II (ages 4-5 including afterschool hours), Basic Dance 5-9 year olds, Classical Ballet/pointe classes from beginner to pre professional, Jazz, Tap and Gymnastics~ Power Tumble (divided by both age and skill). We offer reasonable tuition with family discounts and tasteful, affordable costumes. Our instructors have college dance degrees and/or professional dance experience. Classes are designed to encourage and stimulate the progress of each student’s mental and physical capabilities by teaching in a professional environment. Performance opportunities are available for all students. Join our 9th year winter performance of The Princess Christmas Ballet. Audition information will be announced on our website, visit http://cjsdancefactory.com, like us on Facebook and check out our video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItDF6eOIO8 .
Lisa’s Dance Dimensions
2981 Main St., Millbrook, (334) 285.5515 or (334) 221.4622. Ages 18 months through adult. Offer Parent/Tot, Ballet, Pointe, Lyrical, Jazz, Tap, and Gymnastics. Class times vary according to age and level. Registration begins in July. Please call for registration and Open House dates. Classes start in August. Please visit our website at www.lisasdancedimensions.com.
Mann Dance Studio
422 Pratt St., Prattville, (334) 365.5154. The studio offers and excels in all forms of dance, offering beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes. Registration will be August 2 and 9th from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Classes will begin August 15. Tap, Lyrical/Contemporary, Pointe, Ballet, Gymnastics, Hip Hop, Baton and Jazz. Call for class times and dates. Ages 2 1/2 and up. www.manndancestudio.net
Next Dimension Gymnastics
101A Penser Blvd., Millbrook, (334) 285.5515 or (334) 221.4622. Ages 18 months through adult. Classes offered: Parent/Tot Tumbling (ages 18mths-3), Tumble Tots (ages3-5), Super Hero Gymnastics (ages 3-5 boys), Junior Olympic Gymnastics (ages 5 and up), Cheer/Jump/Tumble (ages 7 and up). Class times vary according to age and level. Fall registration began in July. Please call for registration and Open House dates. Classes start in August. Please visit www.lisasdancedimensions.com.
The Montgomery Ballet
2101 Eastern Blvd, Suite 223 (The Courtyard), call (334) 409.0522 for information on classes. Mr. Joey and Mrs. Laura Villalovos, Co-Artistic and Co-School Director. The Montgomery Ballet is the producer of Performance on the Green, Ballet and the Beasts and The Nutcracker. Training provided in Classical Ballet for children and adults of all ages (2 1/2 to adult). Classes for different levels, (divided both by age and skill). As the Official School of The Montgomery Ballet Company, we are committed to developing first class ballet artists through quality training by experienced professional dancers in a healthy, nurturing and disciplined atmosphere. Open House week is August 1-5. Classes begin August 1st and the annual School Performance will be May 19th, 2017. Open enrollment. Classes offered in Classical Ballet, Pointe, Variation, Modern, Tap, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Hip Hop and Contemporary. We also have a Civic Company. Please visit www.montgomeryballet.org.
River Region Ballet
7981 Vaughn Road, 356-5460. Registration going on now. Classes begin September 6th. Priscilla Crommelin Ball, Founder and Executive Artistic Director. Classes offered in Creative Movement (2 ½ – 3 years), Pre-Ballet (4-5 years), Beginning Ballet (6-7 years), Ballet Pre-Pointe, Pointe, Jazz. Classes for different levels, (divided both by age and skill). Audition information for the Alabama River Region Ballet’s Youth Company will be announced on our website. Please visit our website at www.riverregionballet.com
Drama Classes & Public Speaking
Alabama Shakespeare Festival
Greta Lambert, (334) 271.5393, firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.asf.net, these classes help students develop skills and confidence need for auditions or presentations. Fee: $200
ASF Acting Academy: Acting Classes for All Ages
Fall Semester: Mondays, October 3-December 12
Rising Stars (Grades 3-5); 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Stage Door (Grades 6-8); 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
For Teens: Curtain Call Players; 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
For Adults: Actor’s Workshop; 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Wetumpka Depot Players
The Depot Days Youth Theatre Academy, an educational outreach of the Depot Players, is accepting students who wish to explore and learn the basics of the craft of theatre.
Young artists will work with instructors in a nurturing and creative environment to learn the basics of storytelling, character development, stage movement and other exciting skills all while having a great time! It will all culminate to a showcase program for parents and family.
Children K-2nd grade may enroll in our Crafty Cabooser’s program that runs for 10 sessions on Tuesday afternoons, September-November. Our Energetic Engineers( 3rd- 6th grade) will meet on Mondays and Wednesday afternoons ( 15 sessions) September –November. Parents may enroll their students in the Depot Days Youth Theatre Academy by emailing email@example.com or calling 334.868.1440
BRICKS 4 KIDS
(334) 721.4111, Stephanie Shuford
Afterschool enrichment, in-school workshops, birthday parties and so much more. We service the Montgomery area and we look forward to reaching out and serving the children of this great city. We introduce the concept of S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Please call for more information.
MANE (Montgomery Area Non-Traditional Equestrians)
(334) 213.0909, Applications available online. Successfully teaching independent riding skills to children with cerebral palsy, mental disabilities, autism, hearing impairment and other disabilities. Goals developed individually for clients. Please call for more information or visit our website at www.maneweb.org.
Shade Tree Riding Academy
(334) 290.3727 or (334) 546.3964, 566 Thornfield Dr., Millbrook. Gentle, experienced horses, easy trail and knowledgeable staff to assist beginners. Call today for more information.
Seven Oaks Equestrian Center
Located between I-85 and Vaughn Road, one mile south of The Waters, in Pike Road. Call (334) 260.7972 or (334) 657.1065. Riding lessons offered. Please call for information.
Fleming’s Martial Art Institute
4315 Atlanta Hwy, (334) 277.KICK (5425). Family rates available. Free uniform with all programs. Karate Kubs (ages 3-5), Junior Taekwondo (3 and up), Junior Weaponry, and Junior Jia Jitsu (7 and up). Develops self-confidence, teaches self-defense, improves grades, develops coordination, promotes fitness and is fun. Call for times and prices. Please visit our website at www.flemingsmartialarts.com
Docarmo’s Taekwondo Center
2179 Taylor Rd., Montgomery, 36116
(334) 220.5835, Docarmo’s Taekwondo Center offers an affordable family friendly martial arts program with no long-term contracts. Anti-abduction curriculum, Random Acts of Kindness Program, Academic Achievement Program and MORE all taught by nationally certified instructors…check us out! ***Ages 4 & older/Lil’ Dragons (ages 4-5) offered during the school year! With all memberships you receive a free uniform. Please visit www.trytkdfree.com.
Family Karate Center
8159 Vaughn Rd, Peppertree Shopping Center. (334) 277.4911. Montgomery’s Christian Martial Arts. Mon.- Saturday (ages 2 and up): No enrollment fee, no contract. Specialize in ADD, LD, handicapped, mentally challenged, visually impaired, blind, autistic, deaf, overweight children, and children with depression anxiety disorder. Founders of the “Stranger Danger Child Abduction Prevention Program, ASK MOM FIRST Child Molestation Prevention, and the How to Handle Bullies and Aggressive People Program. Family Karate Center now also offers Japanese Martial Arts Training and Weaponry. Master Carole Smith, is a certified post-trauma rape counselor, one of the highest ranking female instructors in the Southeast, and has 45 years of experience in self defense and counseling. We are the only martial arts school that offers a Mommy and me program for ages 2-4. All ages taught every day. We have a fully equipped fitness center that is free to our parents six days a week. Our referral program pays you $20 for every enrollment you send us. Military discount offered. Visit our website at www.montgomeryfamilykarate.com.
Johnson Karate and Fitness Center
(334) 284.2344, 2801 Vaughn Plaza Rd. Suite J.
Classes for ages 3 to Adults. At Johnson’s Karate & Fitness Academy we teach Tae Kwon Do, Self-Defense, Private Lessons, Fitness Kickboxing, Pilates, and Sport Karate. We are now offering early morning Kick Boxing classes. We offer free trial lessons. Phil. 4:13. Please visit us on Facebook at Johnson’s Martial Arts Academy.
Martial Arts Center
2055 Harmon Street, (334) 318.1892.
Martial Arts combined with discipline and etiquette. Martial Arts is good, clean fun for kids and a great way to give them a head start in life. Our primary focus is to teach children life skills. Because a structure of respect, courtesy and honesty is built into KUK SOOL, children develop the ability to learn, listen and achieve within a highly regulated environment. Ages 6 yrs.-8 yrs and 9 yrs – 15 yrs. Call for times and prices. Please visit us on Facebook at The Martial Arts Center Inc.
NextGen Martial Arts, Prattville
698 Old Farm Lane N, Prattville, (334) 590.3759. Tang Soo Do, Li’l Dragons (4-6 years) and XMA (Xtreme Martial Arts) offered. Many programs available. Please visit www.nextgenmartialarts.com.
Tiger Park Taekwondo & Chung’s Taekwondo
3125 Bell Road, Montgomery, (334) 277.2627
Classes for everyone Ages 3 to adult.
Please visit on the web at www.tigerparktkd.com
Tiger Rock Martial Arts
2750 Bell Rd., (334) 244.1465
Classes offered for children ages 4-5 (Tiger Cubs), ages 6-11 (Junior Program) and 12-15 (Youth Class) and Adults 16 + Please call us for more information regarding class times and schedules.
US Yoshukai Karate
290 N. Burbank Dr., (334) 657.2032. Please call, visit our website at www.yoshukai.com. Please or visit us on Facebook under US Yoshukai Karate for more details and classes offered.. Ages 5 and up.
Recreational & Sports
Frazer Upward Basketball
(334) 495.6459, Atlanta Hwy. Program available for girls 5 years through 9th grade and boys 5 years through 9th grade. Registration only during the month of October. Practice begins in December. Games begin in January. Please call for more information or visit our website at www.frazerumc.org.
Frazer Upward Football and Cheerleading
Program offered Aug.-Oct. for children age 5 through 6th grade. Spiritual development through devotionals, coaching and athletic skills. Registration is open now. Please visit us at www.frazer.church under the family and sports & fitness tabs for registration link.
Offering over 100 different programs for all ages. Including inside and outside youth and adult soccer, football (grades 1-6), basketball (year-round & all ages), track, soccer (ages 6 & up), mini-soccer (ages 4 & 5), aquatic program, cheerleading (grades 1-6), Leaders Club & Tri-Hi-Y (grades 7-12), and much more. Fees vary by activity and membership. Boys and girls can enjoy teamwork, sportsmanship and healthy competition. Contact your local YMCA branch.
Fall Outdoor Mini-Soccer for ages 4 & 6
Fall Season: September/November. Games are held on Tuesday or Thursday after 5 p.m. Registration begins in July. Season begins in August and will end in October.
Football for ages 6-7, 8-9, 10, or 11-12
Season: September-November. Ages 6-12 (No 7th grade players will be allowed.) Games will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Registration will be going on until 17th.
Cheerleading for ages 6-12 (no 7th graders allowed) Season: September-November. Games on Saturdays. Registration going on now until August 17th.
Basketball for ages 4-15
Registration begins in September.
Barracuda’s Competitive Swim Team
The YMCA has a year-round competitive swim program based at the East YMCA. Contact (334) 272.3390. Tryouts will held in August. Please call for more information. They can also be contacted online at www.ymcamontgomery.org.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants can sign up at any local YMCA.
Recreational Soccer: Season- September-November and April-May. Ages 6-18. Games Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Registration is open now. Practice begins in August and games begin in September.
Season December-January, February-March, June-August. Ages 7-17. Games Monday, Tuesdays, Thursday, Friday and Saturday depending on age group. Registration TBA
Indian Guide (Parent-Child Program)
The Adventure Guides and Princesses offers activities for children K-3rd grade and their parents. Program that aids in the growth and development of families. Contact Jeff Reynolds at (334) 269.4362 for additional information. Starts in September.
Other contact numbers:
Soccer Branch, (334) 396.9754 or (678) 571-7605
Kershaw Center, W. Fairview Ave. (334) 265.1433
Cleveland Ave., Rosa Parks Ave. (334) 265.0566
Downtown, South Perry Street (334) 269.4362
East Y, Pelzer Avenue (334) 272.3390
Bell Road Y, Bell Road (334) 271.4343
Goodtimes Center, off Bell Road (334) 279.8666
Southeast Y, Carter Hill Road (334) 262.6411
Camp Chandler, Lake Jordan (334) 269.4362
Camp Grandview, Millbrook (334) 290.9622
James Wilson Jr, 1445 Wilson Park Dr., (334) 356.8471
Montgomery YMCA Goodtimes Center
2325 Mill Ridge Dr., off Bell Road, (334) 279.8666. Ages 5 to 12. Staffed from 2:30 to 6 p.m. After school programs are at the schools. Programs include snack and juice, homework time, music and language, storytelling time, outside activities, arts and crafts, projects, Science and Nature, multicultural activities, and creative time. Open registration. Also, before school programs at certain schools from 6:45 and 7 a.m. til school starts.
(334) 365.8852 or for the Prattville Bradford Branch call Betty Estes, (334) 358.1446. Registration going on now. Main After School Program, Kindergarten After School, Primary After School, Pine Level, and Daniel Pratt. Prepay first week at registration. Vans will pick up kids at public school and take them to the Main Site Program. Main Site cost is $50 for first child for members and $60 for non-members per week. Discounts for second and third children. Family discounts available. Other programs include Youth Legislature, grades 9 – 12. Fall sports are as follows: Football for boys ages 6-12; Cheerleading for girls ages 6-12; Little Dunkers Basketball for ages 4 & 5, Mini-Basketball for ages 6 & 7, Basketball for kids ages 8-17. Also cheer, tumble, gymnastics and swim lessons available. Please call for fall sports registration dates.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the River Region
Administrative Office, (334) 832.4288
Patricia Hackett; Chisholm, (334) 265.2469,
2612 Lower Wetumpka Rd.
Tobarie Burton; West End, (334) 263.3371,
220 Crenshaw Street
Cheryl Myrick; Wetumpka, (334) 478.4904
499 Alabama Street
Provides programs and opportunities, which encourage young people, particularly the disadvantaged, to maximize their potential and become caring productive citizens of our community. Activities include character and leadership development, health and life skills, education and career development, sports, fitness and recreation, and the arts. Clubs are open Mon-Fri from 3-9 p.m. during the school year and 9-5 on school holidays and in the summer. All locations serve children ages 6-18. $5.00 a year per child.
3067 Carter Hill Rd.; (334) 262.2697. About 100 Cub Scout packs located in various private and public schools, churches, etc. August/September, city wide Fall Recruitment night for Scouts, parents can enroll their child in a pack that night. Someone will be handing out brochures at all schools in August/September. Homeschoolers are welcome. Visit our website www.tukabatcheebsa.org.
Check local churches for programs. AWANA Programs are popular. www.awana.org
Please check with local daycare centers for the option of after school care. Check out Montgomery Parents on the web at www.montgomeryparents.com and use our archived April Child Care Directory to get started.
Doster Center, Prattville
(334) 361.3640, 101 West Main Street, Prattville. Various after school activities include Afterschool Recreation Club for grades K-6th. Monday – Friday, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. (After school transportation provided.), Vacation Club Day (for school holidays when children are out of school but parents are still working) Grades K-6, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
(334) 272.9164, 145 Coliseum Boulevard. Girl Scouts is a fun and exciting adventure in learning that encourages girls to be their best. Girls ages 5-17 may participate in girl scouting after school in traditional troops, during the school day through the in-school program, or through numerous outreach programs available throughout the area. Financial assistance is available to qualified girls for programs and events. Call for registration. Someone will be handing out brochures at all schools in August/September. Please visit our website at www.girlscoutssa.org.
Therapeutic Recreation Center
(334) 240.4595, 604 Augusta Street
For the mentally and physically challenged. Registration is in August. Various programs available. Classes run from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Transportation is provided for Montgomery public schools. Space is limited, so please register on time. Please call for more information about registrations dates and times.
(334) 567.8282. YMCA Goodtimes after hours for school age children (5 to 11 yrs.) pick up and keep them until 6 p.m. Have several programs, including: Summer Camp, Youth Sports, Football, Volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, karate, T-Ball, Swim Team and soccer. Open registration. The following sports are available beginning in the fall: Football for boys’ ages 6-12, cheerleading for girls’ grades 1-6, Mini-soccer for ages 4-5.
FC Montgomery Soccer Futsal
Capital City Sportsplex, 1555 Eastern Boulevard (indoor/air conditioned)
We offer a Fall and Winter/Spring season which includes twice a week quality training with Coach Bruno together with his assistant coaches and interns after school hours. Indoor Futsal & Outdoor Soccer competitions are usually twice a month on Saturdays with very limited travel. Most of our games are local at our indoor Futsal facility on the Eastern Blvd. or at local outdoor Soccer fields. We also offer a Home School program. Registration is on going and the season starts August-November. Please check our website for our training and games schedule and team evaluation dates.
Coach Bruno (Former pro & College coach – Masters Phy. Ed.) Please visit www.fcmontgomery.com and contact coach Bruno email@example.com or (334) 207.5442
Frazer Sonshine Soccer
(334) 495.6459, Atlanta Hwy. Held at Frazer Soccer Fields will be held in the Spring. Please call for more information or visit our website at www.frazerumc.org for more information.
AYSO297 Fall/Spring Soccer
Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Registration opens in August.
Please visit us online at www.ayso297.org or visit us on Facebook under AYSO 297 for more information and for online payment option. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. James Upward Soccer
(334) 277.3037, 9045 Vaughn Rd.
K4 through 4 grade (boys and girls welcome)
Registration begins in August. Practice begins the week of September 6th. First game is Saturday, September 10th. Please call or visit us at www.sjlife.com and click on the children tab.
YMCA Capital City Streaks
Participants can sign up at any local YMCA.
Season- September-November and April-May. Ages 6-18. Games: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Registration is open now. Practice begins in August and games begin in September. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or visit us at www.capitalcitystreaks.org
KLynn Skating School at the Eastdale Mall Ice Rink
(334) 272.7225. Montgomery’s Only Ice Skating School. Classes starting soon please call for dates and rates. Private Lessons Available. Call for more details or visit www.klynnice.com.
River Skate Park
301 Bibb St., in Downtown Montgomery.
This facility features a 5-foot mini ramp and invites all skaters of all ages to come out, hop on their boards and smooth their skills while having some fun. Membership is sold in seasonal passes. Call (334) 240.4561 for more details.
Skate Zone 2000
(334) 567.4434, 88 Red Eagle Pkwy, Wetumpka. After school program available. Monday – Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. We will pick children up from schools in the Wetumpka area and Redland area. Ages K-12 yrs old. We pick up from Redland Elementary School and Wetumpka Elementary and Wetumpka Intermediate. Please call for more information and rates.
Adventure Sports Aquatic Center
1546 E. Ann Street, (3340 269.3483. Heated indoor pool year round. Swimming Lessons, Scuba and Life Guard Classes. Visit www. adventuresports2.com.
YMCA Barracuda’s Competitive Swim Team
The YMCA has a year-round competitive swim program based at the East YMCA. Please call (334) 272.3390. Tryouts will be held in August. Please call for more information. They can also be contacted online at www.ymcamontgomery.org.
O’Connor Tennis Center
500 Anderson Street, (334) 240.4884
After-school Tennis Clinics offered during the school year for all ages. Fall sessions begin August 15 and will run every school day through December 15. Please call or visit www.oconnortenniscenter.com for more information on dates and time.
(334) 207.9821, Jan Gelabert. Tennis lessons open to both residents and visitors interested in enjoying the fun of tennis. Players welcomed from beginner to advanced level play of ages, and offer weekly organized private lessons. Please call or email Hampsteadtennis@att.net for details or information on our programs.
7900 Wynlakes Blvd., (334) 273.8425.
Two classes available: Peewee’s (ages 4-8), Mondays from 5 until 6 p.m., and Excellence (ages 9-18), Tuesdays and Thursday from 4 until 5 p.m. Please call for class times and days. Please call Danny Leal for more information.
Kumon of Montgomery – Central
1655 Perry Hill Rd, (334) 279.1400. After school learning program for long term solution. We prepare your child to be a more independent learner in Reading and Math and developing their learning attitude. Kumon is one of the world’s largest afterschool programs. Please call or visit us at www.kumon.com/montgomery-central.
Kumon Reading and Math Center
8125 Vaughn Rd, (334) 649.1178. After-school academic enrichment program that helps children achieve success. The Kumon Math program develops necessary skills to help children progress from counting through calculus. The Kumon Reading program begins with basic phonics and progresses all the way through advanced reading comprehension. Please call us or visit our website at www.kumon.com.
3457 Taylor Road, (334) 356.1570. We specialize in teaching kids math the way that makes sense to them. We provide: Expert tutors, Custom learning plans and personalized instruction, and Homework help. Please call (334) 356.1570 or visit our website at www.mathnasium.com/eastmontgomery.
2328 Fairlane Drive, (334) 213.0803. Tutoring available for any subject. Tutoring provided by Christian certified teachers. Please call for rates. Call (334) 213.0803 to register. Class size limited. www.suacademy.com
Sylvan Learning Center
2640 Zelda Rd., (334) 262.0043. Study skills, (courses for credit) writing/grammar, reading, math and SAT/ACT college preparation. Also individualized tutoring. Diagnostic evaluation. Students improve skills, becoming more motivated and gaining in self-confidence. Certified teachers.
“Bee” Smart Tutorial & Childcare Development Center
1738 West 3rd Street, Montgomery, (334) 303-2627
Get a Head Start on Good Grades! Does your child have low grades, need to get ahead in school, need after school care or need to get ready for Kindergarten? “Bee”Smart offers tutoring in Reading and Math, a wonderful Pre-K program as well as Homework Assistance, Computer Skills and Life Skills.
Family Guidance Accepted. Ask us about our excellent Summer Enrichment Program.
Enjoy Learning Center
2801 Vaughn Plaza Rd., Suite H, (334) 270.0234. One-on-one tutoring for ages 4 to adult. Math, science, chemistry, reading, comprehension, phonics, spelling, writing, graduation exit exam, ACT and SAT. Certified, skilled teachers. Credit/debit cards accepted.
Huntington Learning Center
2800 Zelda Rd., (334) 277.9200. Individual testing and tutoring in reading, study skills, writing, phonics, spelling, math and ACT/SAT prep, GED and exit exam. Students ages 5 – adult.
2815-C Zelda Rd., (334) 271.6295
Grades K-12 individual tutoring. Sessions for reading, comprehension, phonemic awareness, phonics, math, composition, spelling, study skills and ACT/SAT preparation and Exit Exam preparation.
Teaching kids to play chess in metro Montgomery.
** Public ** Private ** Homeschooled **
Caesar Lawrence – Director & Chess Coach
Facebook: Caesar Chess ** Phone: 334-868-0271
Go Karting Montgomery
(334) 271.2020, 9033 Wares Ferry Road
GKM offers outdoor go carting, indoor laser tag, indoor bumper cars, indoor mini golf, mini ferris wheel coaster, mini roller coaster, chuck wagon ride, 80’s video game arcade, billiard tables, air hockey tables, foosball, skeeball, two party rooms and an eye clinic with free vision screenings. Please call or visit our website at www.gokartingmontgomery.com.
JoAnns’s Fabric & Craft Stores
Eastchase Market Center, 7951 Eastchase Pkwy, Montgomery, (334) 409.2640
We offer a variety of classes in Cake Decorating, Crocheting, Food & Cooking, Knitting, Quilting and Sewing. Please visit your local JoAnn’s for description of classes offered at this time and pricing. You can visit us on the web at www.joann.com
East Chase Market Center, 7991 Eastchase Pkwy, Montgomery, (334) 260.2846
Learn crafting skills when and where you want with online classes from Creativebug, or sign up for in store classes in jewelry making, art painting, paper crafting, mixed media, floral design, cake decorating or knitting and crocheting. Please visit your local Micheals for class descriptions, times and fees.
Please contact us if you know of after school activities not listed at firstname.lastname@example.org.